Monday, November 15, 2010

Project 1. Fusion



The video I created for Project 1, entitled "Construct" is based on ideas of nostalgia and the way people complicate ideas and processes as they grow older. I used stop-motion of child-like building blocks and well as more commonplace, "real world," objects to convey these ideas. I chose to make the video sort of choppy and grainy to visually express a sort of yearning for something of the past - it expresses a sense of disconnect. The images have been edited to achieve a certain mood in terms of colour and with subtle vignetting. Instead of using the sound project I created earlier as is, I edited it down and simplified it to make the video a little less literal. I feel that the concept of my piece is well-conveyed visually, and this is only enhanced through the use of sound. The simple, child-like music reflects an easier time while the conversation and busier background noises are symbolic of the noise of everyday life as you grow older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Style Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory