Monday, November 29, 2010

Project 2. Process.

I tested numbers 10 to 8 using the collage framework, mostly to see if it would work at all. Thankfully, it did. Yes, the white balance is off and the tripod moved some, but now I know the collage number sequence will work. Looking at it in motion, I really wish I had attempted more numbers.

What I really need to perfect is the timing of the whole piece - it was more difficult than expected to stretch the breaking apart and coming back together into 15 frames. I'm also going to make the numbers much larger in the frame, so the details of the collage textures can be better seen.

...I also think I'm going to forego rotoscoping the numbers, as much as I'd like to further explore it, just for the sake of time.

Super Short Test!



New shooting method:
- Construct numbers "perfectly"
- For build sequence, shoot deconstruction of numbers and reverse
- Blow collage pieces away completely to deconstruct
- Start with next number

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Style Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory