Monday, November 8, 2010

Project 1. Test.



As a way of sort of storyboarding my concept for Project 1, I made a test video. In doing this, I quickly created a really rough version of what I plan to do for Project 1 just to kind of look at it visually. As I should have predicted, everything was a lot more difficult that expected.

Things to work on:
1. Make everything more cohesive.
2. Use a tripod!
3. Work on timing of video/sound.
4. Shoot more frames!
5. Use a wider angle.
6. Everything cleaner.
7. Abstract it more somehow?

I think the general idea of the video comes across in my test, but I still might work on the sound more. Another idea is building it on a flat surface like a table instead of free-standing so it's easier to add more frames. It may become less literal this way.

- - -

Other ideas:
- Everything high-contrast in black & white
- Clips (images) inserted between build images OR overlayed on top of?
- Zoomed in shots for variety
- Re-work sound to make it more subtle, but carrying the same ideas
- Somehow make it look messier (but in a good, cohesive, intentional way)

* Incorporate opening and closing credits.

- - -

Instead of using THREE different pieces, build on one:
- Take the idea of building with objects
- Instead of transitioning between three different pieces, just use one, but incorporate the concept through the way things are built and the objects that are used
- Start off building simply, but add on symbolic objects
- Use the frame, angles, interesting shots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Style Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory